I've been meaning to watch this film for a long while, and it did not disappoint, but maybe not in the way it would have hoped.
Firstly, Daniel Radcliffe has an awful whiney American accent and stiff acting which presents so many cringe worthy moments. Horns was not off to a good start from the beginning for me due to his pre pubescent face reminding me of a boy I once drunkenly kissed on one of many nights out (he was not a good kisser). For me, this made the film laughable and I could't take it very seriously.
I'm not going to describe the plot as I haven't got all week, but in short, he's a 'fallen angel' who has to work out and then tick off one by one the people that could have killed his girlfriend using his newly acquired powers making anyone around him admitting their selfish inner desires.
As the film progresses you become sympathetic for his character, I repeat, his character, not him as an actor. I like the idea of the film but the script is not as strong as the films premise.
Running theme…. sexuality and the power of attraction.
A question you will definitely ask... "when will it end???"
The still that sums up the whole film…


No comments:
Post a Comment